- Cement Company
- Offshore company
- NVOCC/ Freight Forwarding
- Marine Institute
- Ship Owner
- verification services
- Ship Liner
- Marine Tech
- Marine Automation
- Manning/ Crewing
- Ship Management
- Technical Superintendent
- Marine Agency
- Marine Survey
- Maritime Training
Opening for Crewing Head
Experience: Mariner with 4-7 years of shore experience in Crewing/Manning
We are hiring for Crewing Head for a Leading shipping company based at Mumbai.
- Responsible for Logistics/ Travel operations of all NMM vessels.
- Responsible for the Crewing operation of India Office with specific responsibility for Indian Officers and Ratings. To ensure that the company’s vessels are manned with competent, qualified and suitably experienced personnel. Day to day management of the departments to ensure that the support services delivered match internal and external stakeholder expectations.
- Day to day supervision of the personnel department and allocation of resources, ensuring that the company’s policies and standards are adhered to.
- Offering guidance and direction to personnel department and other internal stakeholder groups on the manning of company and third party client vessels.
- Setting annual department objectives and goals in support of the company’s overall business plan objectives.
- Conducting assessment and development discussions for staff within the department; setting individual staff objectives and goals.
- Supervision and management of the companies Database system utilised for storing all Personnel details.
- Ensuring efficient integration between the payroll, personnel and accounts departments and assist when required with any issues or queries that arise in order to achieve maximum results.
- Producing recommendations to the Director- General Manger and clients on wage review strategy. Union negotiations of wage settlements and undertake disciplinary hearing and appeals where required.
- Annual benchmarking of employee terms and conditions of employment and producing recommendations for terms and conditions strategy for client groups and annual budget review process.
- Direct liaison with operations and technical departments, and external client representatives, on manning issues relating to employees and activities in support of company’s crewing operations.
- Member of the company emergency response team. Supervision of the personnel department.
- Writing and implementing personnel policies and procedures and production of policies for each internal client group.
- Responsibility for day to day relationships with unions
- Acting as point of escalation for internal and external Individuals/parties encountering difficulties in dealings with personnel issues.
- Supervision of all medical and legal cases outstanding within the NMM managed fleet.
- Liaising with the accounts department on cost reporting matters.
- Ensuring KPIs both individual and departmental are maintained and reported on a monthly basis.
- Other tasks and ad hoc project work as deemed necessary and relevant by the company
- 2nd Mates or OOW Engine Certificate.
- 10 years of Seagoing/Manning Office Experience
- Should be young with dynamic personality
- Preference given to Mumbai based candidates
Sea & Beyond Team