- Cement Company
- Offshore company
- NVOCC/ Freight Forwarding
- Marine Institute
- Ship Owner
- verification services
- Ship Liner
- Marine Tech
- Marine Automation
- Manning/ Crewing
- IT Shipping
- Ship Management
- Technical Superintendent
- Marine Agency
- Marine Survey
- Maritime Training
Location: Delhi/ NCR
Experience: SQL Server DBA, Database Administration
Responsibilities & Skills
· Monitored and tuned MS-SQL database performance.
· Automated and implemented backup and recovery procedures
· Documented routine procedures, such as backups, monitoring, and architecture layouts.
· Designed MS- SQL database architecture and application schema.
· Participated in all phases of the system development life cycle from requirements analysis through system implementation.
· Collaborated with development team to tackle database/application issues.
· Designed and implemented database backup/recovery scheme and setup security and storage management strategies.
· Performed testing of backup and recovery procedures for newly installed databases.
· Provided technical support to the development team and performed application performance tuning
· Designed and created tables with indexes, triggers, sequences, and foreign keys to support interfaces. Created and ran seed data loads for static table population. Created stored packages and procedures for data inserts and updates to the database.
· Designed and built the staging database to load and profile the data from the legacy system to fully understand the relationships amongst the data and the current systems functionality.
· Designed and build the new conceptual and logical data model to depict a new streamlined approach that removed redundant data sources and system interfaces. Also, to show how the modernized system will provide additional functionality and a ·
Worked with the security team to remove vulnerabilities on the database discovered during the security scans.
· Facilitated database and application tuning, interface for application testing and code walk through respective to integrating new or changed applications into the production environment.
- Created scripts which performed database updates and modifications in support of government production systems.
- Database security and hardening to exacting shipping Industries Standard.
- Provided primary documentation and support for successful Enterprise-wide Disaster Recovery exercise
- Performed various data extractions, and ensured data integrity, wrote and maintained SQL scripts to generate database reports, to monitor database usage and security, performed user administration, performance tuning and database maintenance,
- Restored database from backups and archive logs, performed trouble shooting of database.
- Provide 24x7 support for critical production systems
- Perform scheduled maintenance and support release deployment activities after hours