Introduction to Maritime Informatics
Speaker: Jussi Poikonen, Wolfgang Lehmacher, Dr Mikael Lind, Jillian Carson-Jackson, Capt. Sukhjit Singh (View profile)
Date & Time: 23/Jun/2022 at 3:30 PM
Duration: 1-1.5 Hours
Fully booked, please book another webinar.
“Once a new technology rolls over you, if you're not part of the steamroller, you're part of the road.”
Technology has been driving industries and kept the world going even during the COVID crisis. Industrial automation 4.0 is all about technology. But due to various challenges shipping was again laggard in implementing technology advancements. But in recent past digital disruptions have caught the attention and currently at the centre stage of shipping companies and logistic supply chains. Maritime operations creates huge amounts of data. Facilitated by digitalisation, data analytics is providing insights into improving operational and capital efficiencies to the companies.
In view of this, persons from shipping industry need to understand how information technology, data and data analytics is affecting our professional life. What do we need to do to ensure that we have the relevant skills to cater to the upcoming requirements.
Maritime Informatics is an applied science. Developed by data scientists to meet the needs of practice and applied by practitioners and data scientists cooperatively. It is about enabling understanding, predicting, advising, and improving maritime activity by digital means.
Sea and Beyond in collaboration with Maritime Informatics Institute is bringing a webinar providing an overview of Maritime Informatics, it’s vision and how it can support the industry in order to have better efficiency and productivity in the industry.
Key points covered in the webinar will be:
- Overview of Maritime Informatics
- Evolution of shipping with relation to adoption of new advancements
- Key pain points in the shipping industry
- How these pain points are being addressed through maritime informatics
- What is the future
- How can you prepare yourselves for the future
Benefits/Deliverables from the course:
- Understanding the Maritime Informatics
- Understand how and where data analytics is being implemented in the Shipping world
- Know where and how can develop skill sets to be future ready
The webinar will be presented by
- Jussi Poikonen - Co-founder and Vice President of AI and Analytics at Awake.AI
- Wolfgang Lehmacher - Operating Partner at Anchor Group and Advisor at Topan AG
- Dr Mikael Lind - Professor in Maritime Informatics at Chalmers University of Technology and Senior Strategic Research Advisor at RISE
- Jillian Carson-Jackson FNI FRIN, M.Ed. - Founder of JCJ Consulting & President, Nautical Institute
and moderated by
- Capt. Sukhjit Singh,M.Sc PG Dip, AFNI and Head of School (Maritime Science) University of Gibraltar.
Sea & Beyond team