- Connection process
- The MSc in Maritime Economics and Logistics (MEL)
- IIM A PGPX (One Year MBA)
- Personalized Session on Career Transition
- “MSc International Maritime Business” by Solent University Southampton
- MSc International Shipping and Logistics by Solent University
- PGDip International Trade and Maritime Law by Solent University
- MSc Shipping Operations” (Distance Learning)
It has been noticed that there is a lack of professional guidance to the deck officers and engineers at various levels. For example:
a) As a junior officer, which type of vessel to go on or whether to specialize in offshore vessels? How do I add value to my profile and what are the options available?
b) At management level and even after many years in command:
- What next?
- Which field is better?
- Shipping course or MBA?
- Which course?
- Which university?
- What are the benefits of the preferred line and function?
- Does it suit his personality, ambitions, style, family etc.
- What it takes to be an entrepreneur?
As per our personal experience and discussion with many peers, this is a prevalent, sometimes latent, problem that we strive to solve.
We plan to tackle the issue through experiential learning. Experiential learning is the process of learning through experience, and in this case we plan to make you learn through the experience of others. The concept of experiential learning is ancient but not practiced, instead rote and didactic learning has been the most popular form of learning.
Experiential learning requires self-initiative, an "intention to learn” and as told by experts this can result in "changes in judgment or skills" for the individuals and can provide direction for the "making of judgments as a guide to choice and action"
Firstly we have tried to identify different fields where a deck officer or engineer could go. This also includes various academic programs. We have then identified experts in each function of every field and requested them to be a part of this venture. Most experts were more than happy to help and “give back” to the industry that has given them so much.
You can now choose from any of the experts from all around the world, talk to them (one to one) and understand what it takes to excel in a particular function.