Sea & Beyond with collaboration with Solent University Southampton presents“MSc Shipping Operations” (Distance Learning)
Is it time to take your maritime career to the next level? This two year distance learning programme is ideally suited to maritime professionals who are hoping to move into shore-based management positions. You’ll learn specialist skills in ship safety management and shipping operations, solving complex problems during challenging workplace assignments.
It’s a 2 year distance learning course, below mentioned is the details for the same.
Tuition Fees & start date
For the year 2020/21 for International student fees is £13,905, startingfrom 19thSeptember, 2020
Bursaries and scholarships:
Solent University offers a range of bursaries and scholarships that provide financial assistance or waive fees for tuition or accommodation. Each bursary or scholarship has specific eligibility criteria
- To apply to undertake the MSc in Shipping Operations, you must be employed in or have recently been employed in the maritime or shipping industry and have professional experience to management level.
- A certificate of competence as a Master or Chief Engineer; Class 1 Master Mariner; Class 1 Engineer; STCW management-level qualifications, or equivalent, plus management-level experience in the sea transport industry (as a Master, Chief Officer, Chief Engineer, First Engineer or equivalent)
- An HND or foundation degree via officer cadet route in an appropriate discipline plus relevant professional qualifications and management experience
- English language requirements: If your first language is not English, you must have an IELTS score of 6.0 with no component score below 5.5
- International Maritime Context
- Postgraduate and Self-managed Study
- Business Research Skills
- Professional Skills and Practice Portfolio
- Risk and Safety Management
- Legal Process
- Safety Culture
- Accident Investigation and Organisational Learning
Note: Not all optional modules are guaranteed to run each year
Connect with Sea & Beyond, if you want to know:
- Aim of the Course and it’s philosophy
- The structure of the course including Curriculum, Pedagogy, exams, attendance and internships
- Application requirements including tuition fees etc..
- How the key courses add value to the life of a participant including the company connect, placements and typical job roles
- Relevance of this course to mariners
- Connect with the mariner alums